SIMPLE LAMB STEW
1. When you are buying lamb meat If you have possibility ask your butcher to cut bone in half for you so you can benefit from bone marrow. If not dice lamb shoulder and place in a large cooking pot together with a bone.
2. Add 1½l of water and start boiling.
3. Wash and peel carrots onion and celeriac.
4. Chop all vegetables roughly and add them to the pot.
5. Add salt, black pepper and Italian mixed spices.
6. When stew starts boiling reduce fire and boil for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
7. Add the tomato passata and boil an additional 10 minutes.
8. Serve it with some bread and butter.
|Published on: 2019-10-16||Likes:
1. Use a fork to beat the egg, add salt and black pepper and beat again until well combined.
2. Preheat a small non-stick frying pan and add some lard to melt.
3. Pour egg mixture when hot enough and allow time to fry it well, then flip over just for few seconds and take it off the heat. Transfer the wrap onto a plate.
4. While it’s still warm spread the avocado, add some cheese and bacon and roll it.
5. Cut it in half and serve straight away. Enjoy!
|Published on: 2019-10-10||Likes:
NUTRITIOUS PORK BROTH
1. Wash and roughly chop all the vegetables and place them in a large cooking pot. Wash the meat and place it in the pot with all vegetables. Add water and some salt and pepper.
2. Cover with a lid and bring it to the boil then reduce heat. Simmer for about 3 hours on low heat.
3. Take it off the heat and cool slightly. Serve freshly boiled meat, vegetables and broth in a bowl. Strain the rest through a fine sieve and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it and defrost it as needed.
|Published on: 2019-10-04||Likes:
1. Soak all the dates in a small amount of water about an hour before preparing brownies, then put them in the blender and blend until smooth.
2. Melt 8 tablespoons of coconut oil and leave it to cool down.
3. Use a medium bowl and put dry ingredients into it (2 cups of almond flour, 5tbsp of cocoa powder, salt) and mix. Add the puree made from dates, 3tbsp of honey and vanilla extract and combine together.
4. Separate egg whites and egg yolks and using hand mixer mix first the egg whites until thick and add the egg yolk and mix together.
5. Very gently fold the eggs into the chocolate mixture using a wooden spoon until the two mixtures are the same colour, doing it very slowly will prevent knocking out the air. You need to keep the mixture as light and airy as possible to achieve nice brownie.
6. Prepare a medium baking tin and grease it well with coconut oil. Again very gently pour the mixture into the tin and bake for about 30 minutes in 180°C.
7. Leave to cool down completely before adding your chocolate.
FOR CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of water and bring it to boil on a very small fire stirring all the time.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of honey or a bit more if you like to sweeten it.
3. Pour the chocolate straight away on the top of the brownie and decorate with whatever you wish or just leave it as it is with just shiny chocolate on the top. Enjoy your healthy, homemade snack any time of the day!
|Published on: 2019-08-28||Likes:
ROASTED PLUM SAUCE WITH SPICES
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. You can either half the plums and remove all stones or leave them whole and remove stones after roasting, it really depends on the sizes of the plums.
2. Use a roasting dish and arrange all plums in one layer. Crush some cloves and sprinkle all over, add cinnamon and some honey.
3. Roast for about 20 minutes. Serve warm as a sweet treat with some extra honey or as a sauce to accompany roast meat perfectly.
|Published on: 2019-08-17||Likes:
1. Chop onions, meat, bacon, parsley, carrots and cabbage and leave in separate bowls to add in order.
2. In a large pot put and melt the lard, add onions first and fry until golden in colour. Add bacon and meat and fry together until golden brown.
3. Add some water, then cabbage, carrots, parsley and all spices. Cook together for about an hour; keep checking if the meat and vegetables are tender. The time of cooking the dish can vary depending on the meat and cabbage you bought, but usually, it takes about 2 hours slow cooking.
4. When meat and vegetables are tender enough add tomato passata and simmer for another 5-10 minutes then turn off.
5. Serve hot with fresh bread, enjoy!
|Published on: 2019-08-17||Likes:
PUMPKIN AND SUNFLOWER ENERGY BALLS
1. Soak the dates in water an hour before making the bites.
2. Melt coconut oil and leave it to cool down.
3. Use a large pan and roast first desiccated coconut until golden, then put it in a glass bowl to cool down. Do the same with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, you can mix them together for roasting. Leave them to cool down in a glass bowl.
4. When everything has cooled down put desiccated coconut, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and grind it as desired. You can grind it really well for a more smooth effect or leave a bit rougher for the crunchier effect it is up to you. Add dates and melted coconut oil and turn on the food processor and mix until the mixture comes together then turn off.
5. Make small size bites and put them on the plate and keep it in the fridge.
|Published on: 2019-08-15||Likes:
DELIGHTFUL CINNAMON AND GINGER PULLED PORK
To prepare pulled pork it would be good to have a roasting dish with a lid. If you do not have one use a regular dish and cover with tin foil.
Check this out <a href="https://amzn.to/2N1cVSv" style="color:#029934;" target="_blank">Russell Hobbs Enamel Roaster with Lid</a>(affiliate link)
1. In the evening before you are planning to make slow-cooked pork marinate the meat. If you have bought boneless pork solder remove the string and unroll the pork. Rub the salt into the meat. If you bought with the bone just rub salt into the pork.
2. In a small bowl mix spices, smoked paprika, black pepper, cinnamon and ginger. Use roughly 2/3 of spices to rub all over the pork. Once finished place pork in a foil and in the fridge over the night. Save 1/3 of the spices for a vegetable roast tomorrow.
3. In the morning preheat the oven at 220°C. Take a roasting dish and rub a bit of lard on the bottom. Remove the foil from pork and place it in the dish. Cook in the oven for about half an hour until the pork browns.
4. Once brown, reduce the heat in the oven on 150°C add water in the dish and place the lid on.
5. Cook in the oven on low heat for about 6 hours or until meat is tender. Check occasionally if the water evaporated add some more to avoid burning.
6. While pork is roasting prepare vegetables. Peel and wash carrots, remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower and wash it, wash broccoli and plums and peel the onions. Chop vegetables into smaller pieces, halve the plums and remove the stones.
7. Use butter to rub on the bottom of a baking tray and put chopped vegetables and plums in it. Use the remaining spices from last night to season vegetables.
8. 40 minutes before pork is ready put the tray with vegetables in the oven below the pork.
9. Plums will need 10-15 minutes to be ready. Take them out when they soften up. Continue roasting vegetables for another 20-25 minutes.
10. About 10 minutes before pork is ready to increase the heath in the oven at 220°C, remove the lid from the pork and roast for 10 minutes. This will make the outer layer of the pork nice and crispy.
11. Once ready take the pork out and leave to rest for half an hour.
12. Serve with vegetables and plums.
|Published on: 2019-08-13||Likes:
SUNFLOWER BASE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE
1. Soak the dates for about an hour before making the base.
2. Use a medium pan put all the desiccated coconut and roast for 2-3 min or until golden. Remove from the pan into a bowl. Do the same with sunflower seeds. They need to be roasted separately as they might need a slightly different length of time to be golden.
3. Melt butter and leave it to cool down.
4. Put sunflower seeds and desiccated coconut in a food processor and blend together for a few minutes until it starts coming together then add dates and melted butter and blend again until combined well together.
5. Use a round cake tin and distribute the mixture evenly, then press firmly down into the base with the bottom of the glass to even up.
The cream filling:
1. Use a large bowl, pour all double cream into it and mix it with a hand mixer until thickened up.
2. Add cream cheese and honey and mix for another minute.
3. Pour the mixture over the crust and refrigerate while you are preparing the gelatine.
1. Use a medium pan and put your raspberries in it. Bring them to boil and add a glass of water, boil again and leave it to cool. Add a bit of honey to sweeten it up if the raspberries are not giving enough sweetness.
2. Prepare your gelatine, depending on the producer follow the instructions on the packaging.
3. Add gelatine into raspberries and leave to cool.
4. Wait until it starts thickening, you might need to put it in the fridge for a bit to help thickening process.
5. Pour the mixture on the top of the filling and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until the jelly and everything else has thickened up before cutting a slice. Enjoy.
|Published on: 2019-08-02||Likes:
1. Remove outer leaves of cabbage and rinse under cold water.
2. Using large chefs knife cut cabbage in halves and remove the core.
3. Shred cabbage into thin strips and place them into a large bowl.
4. Peel carrots, rinse them under cold water and grate them. You can either use a hand grater or food processor whichever is easier for you.
5. Add carrots to cabbage and mix well.
6. Add 1-2 tablespoons of salt.
7. Knead the mixture with your hand well. Kneading is important as it helps vegetables to release juices. If kneading is too much effort take heavy glass or a mug and pound vegetables for 10-15 minutes.
8. Leave it for 2 hours until juices are released.
9. To make sauerkraut it is important that vegetables are submerged in juice. If there is not enough juice make a brine with water and 1tbsp of salt and add to the bowl with vegetables.
10. Take a small plate and place it upside down on the top of the vegetables. Press strongly and until all cabbage and carrot are underwater. Place a heavy item on the top plate (it could be a large rock, glass bowl, or anything heavy)
11. Cover with a cloth and leave for 7 days.
12. After 7 days sauerkraut will be ready. Transfer sourkrout from bowl to a glass jar and keep it in the fridge. It can last for several months. Enjoy!
|Published on: 2019-07-31||Likes:
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
1. Cut chicken breast into smaller pieces, rub some salt and pepper into it and grill until cooked properly or 6-8 minutes. If you do not have a grill you can fry it for 3-4 minutes from each side.
2. Use a large bowl and add cooled grilled chicken into it.
3. Cut avocados into medium cubes and add it to a bowl with chicken.
4. Slice cucumber and onions and cut plum tomatoes into halves and add everything into the bowl.
5. Add all spices: salt, pepper and ground cumin and mix until all ingredients combined together.
6. Decorate the plate with lettuce and sprinkle some chopped red chilli on the top, serve fresh.
|Published on: 2019-07-30||Likes:
1. Prepare a baking tray you are going to use to spread your chocolate onto.
2. Roughly chop your roasted hazelnuts and leave them for later.
3. Put all ingredients together into a blender and mix until smooth. Add chopped hazelnuts.
4. Spread the chocolate evenly on the tray and put it in the fridge overnight.
5. Cut into desired cubes and enjoy.
|Published on: 2019-07-30||Likes: