ROASTED PLUM SAUCE WITH SPICES
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. You can either half the plums and remove all stones or leave them whole and remove stones after roasting, it really depends on the sizes of the plums.
2. Use a roasting dish and arrange all plums in one layer. Crush some cloves and sprinkle all over, add cinnamon and some honey.
3. Roast for about 20 minutes. Serve warm as a sweet treat with some extra honey or as a sauce to accompany roast meat perfectly.
|Published on: 2019-08-17||Likes:
1. Chop onions, meat, bacon, parsley, carrots and cabbage and leave in separate bowls to add in order.
2. In a large pot put and melt the lard, add onions first and fry until golden in colour. Add bacon and meat and fry together until golden brown.
3. Add some water, then cabbage, carrots, parsley and all spices. Cook together for about an hour; keep checking if the meat and vegetables are tender. The time of cooking the dish can vary depending on the meat and cabbage you bought, but usually, it takes about 2 hours slow cooking.
4. When meat and vegetables are tender enough add tomato passata and simmer for another 5-10 minutes then turn off.
5. Serve hot with fresh bread, enjoy!
|Published on: 2019-08-17||Likes:
PUMPKIN AND SUNFLOWER ENERGY BALLS
1. Soak the dates in water an hour before making the bites.
2. Melt coconut oil and leave it to cool down.
3. Use a large pan and roast first desiccated coconut until golden, then put it in a glass bowl to cool down. Do the same with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, you can mix them together for roasting. Leave them to cool down in a glass bowl.
4. When everything has cooled down put desiccated coconut, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and grind it as desired. You can grind it really well for a more smooth effect or leave a bit rougher for the crunchier effect it is up to you. Add dates and melted coconut oil and turn on the food processor and mix until the mixture comes together then turn off.
5. Make small size bites and put them on the plate and keep it in the fridge.
|Published on: 2019-08-15||Likes:
DELIGHTFUL CINNAMON AND GINGER PULLED PORK
To prepare pulled pork it would be good to have a roasting dish with a lid. If you do not have one use a regular dish and cover with tin foil.
Check this out <a href="https://amzn.to/2N1cVSv" style="color:#029934;" target="_blank">Russell Hobbs Enamel Roaster with Lid</a>(affiliate link)
1. In the evening before you are planning to make slow-cooked pork marinate the meat. If you have bought boneless pork solder remove the string and unroll the pork. Rub the salt into the meat. If you bought with the bone just rub salt into the pork.
2. In a small bowl mix spices, smoked paprika, black pepper, cinnamon and ginger. Use roughly 2/3 of spices to rub all over the pork. Once finished place pork in a foil and in the fridge over the night. Save 1/3 of the spices for a vegetable roast tomorrow.
3. In the morning preheat the oven at 220°C. Take a roasting dish and rub a bit of lard on the bottom. Remove the foil from pork and place it in the dish. Cook in the oven for about half an hour until the pork browns.
4. Once brown, reduce the heat in the oven on 150°C add water in the dish and place the lid on.
5. Cook in the oven on low heat for about 6 hours or until meat is tender. Check occasionally if the water evaporated add some more to avoid burning.
6. While pork is roasting prepare vegetables. Peel and wash carrots, remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower and wash it, wash broccoli and plums and peel the onions. Chop vegetables into smaller pieces, halve the plums and remove the stones.
7. Use butter to rub on the bottom of a baking tray and put chopped vegetables and plums in it. Use the remaining spices from last night to season vegetables.
8. 40 minutes before pork is ready put the tray with vegetables in the oven below the pork.
9. Plums will need 10-15 minutes to be ready. Take them out when they soften up. Continue roasting vegetables for another 20-25 minutes.
10. About 10 minutes before pork is ready to increase the heath in the oven at 220°C, remove the lid from the pork and roast for 10 minutes. This will make the outer layer of the pork nice and crispy.
11. Once ready take the pork out and leave to rest for half an hour.
12. Serve with vegetables and plums.
|Published on: 2019-08-13||Likes:
SUNFLOWER BASE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE
1. Soak the dates for about an hour before making the base.
2. Use a medium pan put all the desiccated coconut and roast for 2-3 min or until golden. Remove from the pan into a bowl. Do the same with sunflower seeds. They need to be roasted separately as they might need a slightly different length of time to be golden.
3. Melt butter and leave it to cool down.
4. Put sunflower seeds and desiccated coconut in a food processor and blend together for a few minutes until it starts coming together then add dates and melted butter and blend again until combined well together.
5. Use a round cake tin and distribute the mixture evenly, then press firmly down into the base with the bottom of the glass to even up.
The cream filling:
1. Use a large bowl, pour all double cream into it and mix it with a hand mixer until thickened up.
2. Add cream cheese and honey and mix for another minute.
3. Pour the mixture over the crust and refrigerate while you are preparing the gelatine.
1. Use a medium pan and put your raspberries in it. Bring them to boil and add a glass of water, boil again and leave it to cool. Add a bit of honey to sweeten it up if the raspberries are not giving enough sweetness.
2. Prepare your gelatine, depending on the producer follow the instructions on the packaging.
3. Add gelatine into raspberries and leave to cool.
4. Wait until it starts thickening, you might need to put it in the fridge for a bit to help thickening process.
5. Pour the mixture on the top of the filling and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until the jelly and everything else has thickened up before cutting a slice. Enjoy.
|Published on: 2019-08-02||Likes:
1. Remove outer leaves of cabbage and rinse under cold water.
2. Using large chefs knife cut cabbage in halves and remove the core.
3. Shred cabbage into thin strips and place them into a large bowl.
4. Peel carrots, rinse them under cold water and grate them. You can either use a hand grater or food processor whichever is easier for you.
5. Add carrots to cabbage and mix well.
6. Add 1-2 tablespoons of salt.
7. Knead the mixture with your hand well. Kneading is important as it helps vegetables to release juices. If kneading is too much effort take heavy glass or a mug and pound vegetables for 10-15 minutes.
8. Leave it for 2 hours until juices are released.
9. To make sauerkraut it is important that vegetables are submerged in juice. If there is not enough juice make a brine with water and 1tbsp of salt and add to the bowl with vegetables.
10. Take a small plate and place it upside down on the top of the vegetables. Press strongly and until all cabbage and carrot are underwater. Place a heavy item on the top plate (it could be a large rock, glass bowl, or anything heavy)
11. Cover with a cloth and leave for 7 days.
12. After 7 days sauerkraut will be ready. Transfer sourkrout from bowl to a glass jar and keep it in the fridge. It can last for several months. Enjoy!
|Published on: 2019-07-31||Likes:
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
1. Cut chicken breast into smaller pieces, rub some salt and pepper into it and grill until cooked properly or 6-8 minutes. If you do not have a grill you can fry it for 3-4 minutes from each side.
2. Use a large bowl and add cooled grilled chicken into it.
3. Cut avocados into medium cubes and add it to a bowl with chicken.
4. Slice cucumber and onions and cut plum tomatoes into halves and add everything into the bowl.
5. Add all spices: salt, pepper and ground cumin and mix until all ingredients combined together.
6. Decorate the plate with lettuce and sprinkle some chopped red chilli on the top, serve fresh.
|Published on: 2019-07-30||Likes:
1. Prepare a baking tray you are going to use to spread your chocolate onto.
2. Roughly chop your roasted hazelnuts and leave them for later.
3. Put all ingredients together into a blender and mix until smooth. Add chopped hazelnuts.
4. Spread the chocolate evenly on the tray and put it in the fridge overnight.
5. Cut into desired cubes and enjoy.
|Published on: 2019-07-30||Likes:
AVOCADO ICE - CREAM
1. Cut and freeze banana the day before making ice cream.
2. Cut avocados in half, remove the stone, peel it and put it into a blender. Add frozen banana, honey and vanilla extract and blend well together.
3. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
4. In another bowl whip the double cream until nice and thick.
5. Add ⅓ of double cream to avocado mixture and fold very gently, making sure you do not deflate the double cream. Keep adding the cream until everything has been folded and the mixture is ready.
6. Prepare a loaf tin and pour everything into it. Place it in the freezer overnight. Serve frozen.
|Published on: 2019-07-28||Likes:
1. Use a large bowl and combine all dry ingredients together.
2. Add water slowly and using a fork stir it into the flour until it comes together.
3. Transfer it on a clean surface a begin kneading and stretching for about 10 minutes or until you have smooth, soft dough.
4. Place it back in a greased bowl and allow it to grow until it doubled in size (it normally takes around half an hour to prove it).
5. Put it back on a flour-dusted surface and divide the dough into two halves.
6. Knead and shape each dough into a ball and leave for a further 30 minutes to grow.
7. Preheat the oven to 230°C and grease the baking tray.
8. Roll each piece into a pizza shape and place it on a previously greased baking tray.
9. Put your favourite toppings and bake for about 15 minutes depending on pizza size or until the crust is crisp and topping is bubbling.
|Published on: 2019-07-25||Likes:
1. Chop onion, celery and leek.
2. Peel the carrot and grate it.
3. Take a large cooking pot and add oil or lard in it. When it warms up add chopped ingredients in it. Fry on medium heat until onion becomes translucent. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
4. When chopped vegetables are nearly ready, add paprika powder and black pepper and fry for 4-5 minutes. Constantly stir spices and vegetables.
5. Add passata, water and salt and boil for 10-15 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and add chopped parsley.
7. The soup is ready and can be served with fresh or soured cream and bread
|Published on: 2019-07-25||Likes:
ROSEMARY AND SUN DRIED TOMATOES CAMEMBERT
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare a baking tray and line it with baking paper.
3. Remove any paper or plastic packaging from your Camembert cheese, but if you bought the wooden box place it back inside it.
4. Score it around the top about ½cm and remove the top layer of skin.
5. Chop the sundried tomatoes and poke it into the top of the cheese and add few rosemary tips too to give it a nice finish.
6. Sprinkle some salt, black pepper and mixed herbs on the top to add more flavour.
7. Put the cheese on a baking tray and add plum tomatoes around, put some salt and pepper on the top too.
8. Put in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Serve hot with some fresh sourdough bread or breadsticks.
|Published on: 2019-07-23||Likes: