CHICKEN & PROSCIUTTO ROULADE
1. Prepare chicken breast first. Pound it between two sheets of cling film until flat and thin. Put a bit of salt and pepper and leave it to marinate for a few minutes.
2. Chop mushrooms finely, cut leek stalk, chop parsley leaf and grate cheddar cheese.
3. Use a large frying pan and put a tablespoon of lard into it and melt on medium heat. Add leek and fry until golden brown then adds mushrooms, salt and black pepper. Fry together for few minutes until all liquid from mushrooms has evaporated stirring from time to time. At the end add the double cream and simmer together until combined and thickened up.
4. On a large chopping board spread prosciutto ham, one or two pieces depending on how large the chicken breast is, then put a chicken breast on the top of it. Spread 1 tablespoon of filling evenly on each chicken piece, to about 1cm from the edges, sprinkle a bit of grated cheese on the top. Then, starting from one of the narrower ends, roll up and secure with cocktail sticks.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease the baking tray with lard.
6. Add some lard into a large frying pan and put on a medium heat then add roulades seam-side down and fry for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
7. Place the roulades on a baking tray, add a bit of chicken stock and put them in the oven for about 30 minutes.
8. Remove cocktail sticks before serving and sprinkle some chopped parsley leaf on the plate.
|Published on: 2019-07-15||Likes:
QUICK MAC AND CHEESE
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a large baking dish you are going to use for baking.
2. Shred all your cheeses and mix them in a large bowl, leave Parmesan cheese in a separate dish.
3. Cook pasta according to the package and remove it just a minute or two before its ready. Drain it and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and leave it for later.
4. Melt butter in a deep saucepan.
5. Use a whisk and to whisk in the flour over small or medium heat until bubbly, it should take about 1 minute.
6. Continue whisking and add milk and whipping cream until you see bubbles, add salt and pepper and carry on whisking for another 2 minutes.
7. Start adding your shredded cheeses gradually, add about ⅓ and keep whisking until smooth, add another ⅓ and continue whisking until creamy and smooth. The sauce should be nice and thick.
8. Add cooled pasta and stir it in until fully covered in cheese sauce.
9. Pour half of the mac and cheese in a baking dish and add ⅓ of shredded cheeses on the top. Put remaining mac and cheese to cover it.
10. Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese and sweet paprika powder on the top and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve straight away.
|Published on: 2019-07-02||Likes:
CHILLI CON CARNE
1. Soak red kidney beans in one bowl and chickpeas in another one the day before making the dish. In the morning boil them until soft in separate pots as they have different cooking time.
2. Peel and chop finely the onions, celery sticks, carrots, garlic, peppers, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms and fresh parsley leaf and leave them on separate plates to add in order.
3. Using a very large pan put lard and melt it. Add garlic and onion to start with and fry until golden brown, then add mushrooms and allow the flavours to combine.
4. Add the minced beef and all remaining spices, give it a good stir to break larger pieces and leave for about 10 minutes to simmer.
5. Add all chopped veggies and drained red kidney beans and chickpeas. At this point, you need to add a bit of water and balsamic vinegar and allow everything to cook together for about an hour on low heat stirring from time to time. Leave the lid slightly open to reduce the amount of fluid gradually.
6. Serve with boiled rice, millet or jacket potatoes or freshly baked bread with a bit of freshly chopped coriander sprinkled on the top.
|Published on: 2019-06-30||Likes:
YUMMY CUTLETS WITH HERBS
1. Place minced meat in a large bowl.
2. Peel and finely chop one onion and add it together with minced meat.
3. Peel and crush one clove of garlic directly into a bowl.
4. Add other ingredients: an egg, rosemary, salt, black pepper and mix it well with your hand.
5. Prepare another bowl with water for your hands so the chops will not stick to them.
6. Start shaping medium size balls, put them separately on a chopping board ready for frying and flatten them slightly. Rinse your hands with water after every chop.
7. Preheat the frying pan with plenty of lard in it and fry chops on medium heat until golden brown.
8. Serve with chips and fresh salad.
|Published on: 2019-06-23||Likes:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Line pie dish with shortcut pastry (use 2/3 and leave 1/3 for the top) and using a fork prick the base several times and cut off any edges. Line the pastry with baking parchment to completely cover it and fill it with baking beans and put in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. That prevents the pie from having a “soggy bottom”.
3. After 10 minutes take the pastry out of the oven and leave to cool.
4. In the meantime cut the chicken into small cubes, wash and chop the mushrooms and slice carrot and leek.
5. In a large pan put plenty of lard to melt and add sliced leek and spices: paprika powder, black pepper, mixed herbs and salt. Fry until all ingredients are incorporated and leek golden in colour.
6. Add chicken and fry together for about 5 min then add mushrooms and fry for another 5 min, stir from time to time to avoid burning.
7. Add water and simmer together 20 minutes or until chicken and mushrooms are cooked.
8. In the meantime mix double cream and flour together, make sure there are no bits of flour in it. You can use a whisk to do that or just allow enough time to mix it well with a tablespoon.
9. Pour double cream with flour into the pot and stir until thickens up then turn off.
10. Remove baking beans from the pie dish and put ready chicken mixture into it. Roll out the remaining piece of pastry and cover the pie. Pinch the edges to seal the pie, then brush the top with egg wash and pierce a few small holes in the top of the pie with a small knife.
11. Put in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes in 180°C until golden brown.
|Published on: 2019-06-24||Likes:
1. Pour water in a large boiling pan and add a pinch of salt.
2. When water starts boiling add pasta and boil for 10 min according to instructions.
3. Meanwhile, smash two ripe avocados in a large bowl.
4. Add yogurt, salt, black pepper, the juice from one lime and two crushed cloves of garlic.
5. Mix all ingredients until smooth.
6. Drain the pasta and add it into a bowl and stir everything together.
7. Serve it with roasted almond flakes.
|Published on: 2019-06-15||Likes: